School Based Clinician (Consultant)
Northern Children’s Services is seeking School Based Clinicians (Consultants) to work in our School Therapeutic Services (STS) Department. Under the supervision of the Clinical Manager of the Program, the School Based Clinician (Consultant) provides intensive psychotherapy services to a child in the School setting. Services provided by a School Based Clinician (Consultant) vary according to the individualized needs of a child and will always include the child as a participant in his/her own treatment as well as parent and other caretakers as members of the treatment team.
- Is available for crisis intervention and collaborates with child, family and other involved professionals to develop a crisis plan that can include behavioral contracts with the child and lists of community and therapeutic resources.
- Maintains contact with other members of the treatment team and assists in the implementation of the treatment plan. Helps develop daily routines, which will enhance the treatment approach indicated in the treatment plan.
- Documents collateral contacts with family and other entities involved with client treatment in his/her progress notes.
- Creates the Initial Treatment Plan, and reviews and updates the Treatment Plan as necessary at least every 4 months of treatment.
- Provides child-centered, family-focused individual and family psychotherapy as appropriate, which addresses the defined problem areas in the treatment plan and is strength-based.
- Ensures that services provided to the child and family are unified and that there is continuity of care.
- Coordinates the overall clinical direction of treatment and determines, with the family and other involved professionals, any other necessary family or child support services (i.e., medication, psychological testing, community supports) and how they can be obtained by the family.
- Assesses strengths and therapeutic needs of child and family by using active listening, asking questions, and an exchange of information.
- The School Based Clinician (Consultant) may be a licensed mental health clinician including psychiatrists, psychologists, licensed professional counselors (LPC), and or licensed social workers (LCSW).
- The School Based Clinician (Consultant) may also be unlicensed. However the School Based Clinician will have a Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in a mental health discipline such as Psychology, Counseling, Clinical Social Work, Psychiatric Nursing and Marriage and Family/Therapy.
- Required Clearances: Up to date Valid Child Abuse, Criminal History and FBI Clearance.
- At least one (1) year post-master experience providing psychotherapy/counseling to children.
All interested candidates APPLY at http://bit.ly/2kuxAkB
Northern Children’s Services is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and is strongly committed to diversity. Northern Children’s Services does not discriminate on the basis of race, age, sex, class, disability, religion, sexual orientation or national origin.