Therapeutic Staff Support : Philadelphia, Pa
The Therapeutic Staff Support (TSS) provides one-to-one behavioral management interventions to the child or adolescent with a serious emotional disturbance, in support of the family or other responsible adults, in order to prevent more restrictive services or out-of-home placement. Services may also be provided to integrate or reintegrate the child into normalizing settings and activities.
The TSS is responsible for providing behavioral health interventions to stabilize the child, assist the child, in developing age-appropriate self-management skills, and to support, and empower parents, family members or other adults responsible for supervising the child in an educational or other community setting. The TSS works with the family and the entire treatment team by implementing the plan techniques in order to achieve the desired goals.
It is the responsibility of the Therapeutic Staff Support (TSS) to provide services to an identified child/adolescent. Maintain contact with treatment team members (schools, families, wraparound staff, and other relevant parties).
- Submit applicable billing-related documentation within required time frame to facilitate generating revenues for payroll and other financial processes.
- Adheres to Personnel, Training, Assessment and Assistant Policies; and participate in on-going training and supervision as required.
- Maintain professional relationships with consumers, their families, payers, community support service representatives, co-workers and other agencies.
Northern Children’s Services has Part-time Day/Evening Therapeutic Support Staff opportunities available in Philadelphia County. School and Community hours are available. Bilingual(English/Spanish) applicants are encouraged to apply!
Requirements to qualify for TSS position:
- Bachelor’s degree in a Human Services Discipline OR
- Bachelor’s degree in a Non-Human Service Discipline with one (1) year paid experience working with children
- Licensed Registered Nurse with one (1) year full-time, paid experience working with children
- Associate’s Degree or 60 credits towards a Bachelor’s degree with three (3) years verified full-time paid work experience working in direct contact with children/adolescents.
- Bilingual applicants needed. Not required.
All interested candidates PLEASE apply at http://bit.ly/2kkZOKX
Northern Children’s Services is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and is strongly committed to diversity. Northern Children’s Services does not discriminate on the basis of race, age, sex, class, disability, religion, sexual orientation or national origin.