Behavioral Specialist Consultant
*Note: This position will be based out of our Philadelphia and Chester, PA office.
The Behavioral Specialist Consultant professional in our Behavioral health Rehabilitation Services (Wraparound) provides intervention consultation services to the treatment team for a child or adolescent with a serious emotional disturbance who needs special behavioral management protocols. The Behavioral Specialist develops a behavioral treatment plan for the child and oversees the implementation plan.
- Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in a mental health discipline, such as Psychology, Counseling, Clinical Social Work, Psychiatric Nursing and Marriage and Family Therapy. The degree MUST contain at least 12 credit hours in core behavioral coursework.
- At least two (2) years post-Master’s experience providing mental health treatment to children and at least (1) year experience using Behavior Analysis/Modification techniques.
- Communicates to the treatment team when problems arise in the implementation of the plan.
- Collaborates with the inter-agency team so that the school, home and community behavioral plans complement each other.
- Maintains progress notes for every billable contact.
- Submits initial Treatment plan for each case within 30 days of the first day of service and at least every four (4) months as treatment continues.
- Revises the intervention plan as needed, using the same methods as were used in the initial development.
- Collaborates with other members of the treatment team in order to design and direct the implementation of a behavior modification intervention plan which is individualized to each child or adolescent and to the family’s needs. In the school setting, the treatment plan takes into account the context of the educational setting.
- Observes consumer in the school setting as part of the initial assessment in preparation for designing the intervention plan and monitoring the ongoing effectiveness of the treatment plan.
NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE. All interested candidates should email cover letter, resume and Masters level transcripts to Safa Shakir, HR Recruiter at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Northern Home for Children is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and is strongly committed to diversity. Northern Home for Children does not discriminate on the basis of race, age, sex, class, disability, religion, sexual orientation or national origin.