Case Manager/Chester, PA
Working in the Chester Office under the supervision of the Director of Case Management, the Case Manager assists consumers in gaining and maintaining access to necessary medical, educational, rehabilitative, and social services. The Case Manager is to assure that the consumers receive services identified on the psychiatric and psychological evaluation throughout the duration of treatment. The Case Manager is expected to work closely with other disciplines to create the best treatment program for the designated cases and must customize service to meet the needs of the individual consumer. Additionally the Case Manager assures that the consumer’s needs are coordinated, among other programs, agency departments, outside agencies and funding source
BASIC SKILL SETS
- Ability to communicate and interact with all staff.
- Ability to define problems collects data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from varied groups such as school staff, hospitals, DHS, wraparound team, CBH, etc…
- Ability to accurately calculate numbers and dates with the use of addition, subtraction and percentages.
- Ability to give clear and concise oral and written instructions through presentations, meetings, and email.
- Excellent working knowledge of the Behavioral Health Services, CBH Standards. Knowledge of and ability to navigate other systems.
- Ability to read and understand complex instructions such as regulatory policies.
- Excellent working knowledge of the use of computers and pertinent software programs.
- Ability to navigate with the use of Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Web Base Systems.
- Ability to become certified & re-certified annually for CANS, in order to electronically submit authorization request of member Care online through Magellan & POMs submission.
- Education: Bachelors Degree from an accredited university in a human services field, OR Registered Nurse with at least twelve (12) credit hours in a human services field.
- Experience: Two years case management or counseling experience with children and families.
- Special Skills: Familiar with multiple child-serving systems (e.g. education, juvenile justice, child welfare, mental health, drug and alcohol, health care, and vocational rehabilitation).
- Experience with Credible Electronic Medical Record- preferred
- Experience with Magellan Electronic Member Eligibility, View & Request Authorization’s, Request Member Care, and Input/View PA Outcomes & Measurements in MBH electronic system. – preferred
PHYSICAL CAPABILITIES AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Ability to walk up and down steps.
- Ability to lift 20 lbs.
- Ability to operate a calculator or computer.
- Current valid driver’s license. This position requires travel throughout the City of Philadelphia.
- Requires flexible work schedule, some evening and weekend hours.
- Experienced with Magellan Healthcare Practices.
Northern Children’s Services is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and is strongly committed to diversity. Northern Children’s Services does not discriminate on the basis of race, age, sex, class, disability, religion, sexual orientation or national origin
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. All interested candidates should email cover letter and resume to Safa Shakir;HR Recruiter at email@example.com