Clinical Evaluator-Psychologist (Fee for Service)
The clinical evaluator conducts clinical assessments/evaluations of children served by Northern Children’s Services’ (NCS) behavioral health department, including its wraparound, STS, and outpatient programs. The clinical evaluator completes assessments using a bio psychosocial format and in a manner consistent with agency standards, regulatory guidelines, and clinical best practices. He or she ensures that information collected during assessments/evaluations is integrated into a holistic set of treatment recommendations.
In addition to conducting assessments/evaluations, the clinical evaluator is responsible for monitoring treatment progress and in working with treatment team members to change the course of treatment when necessary and/or to recommend discharge when the client is no longer in need of treatment.
- Complete evaluations using established guidelines of regulatory bodies and NCS organizational standards and timelines.
- Make appropriate recommendations and referrals to ensure that the needs of consumers are addressed.
- Track services received and children’s responses to those services during the course of treatment and prior to discharge.
- Education: Minimum Master’s Degree in Psychology, Doctoral Degree (Ph.D. or Psy.D.) in Psychology preferred. Licensed as a psychologist in Pennsylvania.
- Experience: Two years clinical experience working with children, adolescents or families is required. At least one year of experience performing psychosocial evaluations, including DSM/ICD diagnoses, is required. Must have experience working collaboratively with staff members from various disciplines (e.g., education, medical, counseling, administrative, etc.).
- Special Skills: Knowledge of the Medical Assistance funded behavioral health systems is preferred but not required.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. All interested candidates should email cover letter and resume to Safa Shakir;HR Recruiter at firstname.lastname@example.org
Northern Children’s Services expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.