Full-Time Lead Clinician
The Full-Time Lead Clinician is responsible for supervising the provision of any authorized STS (School Therapeutic Services) services authorized through Northern Children Services. The Lead Clinician carries out these functions by directing and supporting the Clinicians and Behavioral Health Workers in delivering superior service. The Lead Clinician is responsible for monitoring the census and staffing for their programs to insure the program is meeting all requirements.
BASIC SKILL SETS
- Ability to assess consumer treatment needs and apply appropriate therapeutic intervention.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from consumers and collateral agencies.
- Ability to accurately calculate numbers such as in addition, subtraction and percentages.
- Ability to give clear and concise oral and written instructions.
- Working knowledge of the Behavioral Health system. Knowledge of and ability to navigate other social service systems.
- Good working knowledge of theoretical models, therapeutic interventions and behavior modification as it relates to our consumer base.
- Ability to effectively implement conflict resolution skills in dealing with consumers and staff.
- Ability to respond in a culturally competent manner to consumer issues.
- Experience in psychosocial assessment and treatment planning.
- Education: Minimum Requirement – Master’s Degree from an accredited university in a clinical mental health discipline.
- Experience: At least two years’ experience in the mental health field. Excellent working knowledge of clinical issues relating to children, adolescents and families.
- Familiar with multiple child serving systems (e.g. education, juvenile justice, child welfare, mental health, drug and alcohol, health care and vocational rehab).
PHYSICAL CAPABILITIES AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Ability to walk up and down stairs.
- Ability to lift 20 lbs.
- Ability to operate a computer, printer and calculator.
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle or access public transportation.
Interested applicants APPLY at bit.ly
Northern Children’s Services is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and is strongly committed to diversity. Northern Children’s Services does not discriminate on the basis of race, age, sex, class, disability, religion, sexual orientation or national origin