Residential Generations Support Workers (All Shifts Needed)
Under the supervision of the Director of Generations I & II, the Support Worker assures that the treatment/family plans of the consumers are delivered according to the highest quality standards. Generations support workers are skilled professional that support our 24 hour mother and baby based residential programs. The Support Worker provides guidance and direction for all consumers and their children within the Generations II program in accordance with their individual service plan.
The Support Worker is expected to work closely with other disciplines to create the best service program for every consumer and customize service interventions and interactions that meet the needs of the individual and their child. S/he may potentially accompany the mother and her child (ren) to appointments, if necessary, provides transportation, models positive parenting skills, teaches cooking, banking, budgeting and other life skills.
Also, the support worker will be able to promote good judgment and encourage independence. The Support Worker assures that services are of high quality and consistent with regulatory code, and that consumers’ needs are coordinated with all program services while continually supporting the consumer’s positive self-image, positive self-esteem, positive parenting skills and desire to learn.
- Bachelor’s degree in a Human Services Discipline and one (1) year experience
- Associate’s Degree with 3 years’ experience
- High School Diploma with 5 years’ experience
- Bilingual(English/Spanish) applicants needed. Not required.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Familiar with the multiple child-serving systems (e.g – juvenile justice, child welfare, behavioral health, health care, and vocational rehabilitation).
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively write clear and concise reports accounting for any on-site incidents.
- Appropriately Communicate with all team members associated with the resident such as DHS, CUA, Child Advocate, Case Managers, etc.
- On-call support worker is an essential staff and must be prepared to work beyond scheduled shift hours and be available to work on call
- Valid Driver’s License with a positive driving record
State Required Clearances & Physical/PPD (Criminal Background Check, Child Abuse and FBI fingerprinting) are a MUST to start all cases.
Northern is looking for dedicated applicants that have experience working with female population, residential and childcare. Bi-lingual(English/Spanish) and shift differential applicants are in high demand!!!
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. All interested candidates should email cover letter and resume to Safa Shakir;HR Recruiter at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Northern Children’s Services is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and is strongly committed to diversity. Northern Children’s Services does not discriminate on the basis of race, age, sex, class, disability, religion, sexual orientation or national origin.